5.19.2015

WHAT HAPPENED TO PRETTY OBSESSED?

I wanted to write a short post explaining why I decided to revamp Pretty Obsessed (the predecessor of Simple Chic). 

I created Pretty Obsessed after college while working my first 9 to 5 job. At the time I needed a creative outlet to express myself outside of work. It was primarily a fashion blog which I really enjoyed because I've always loved fashion. I kept up with all the fads and frequented stores like forever 21. Let's just say a lot of impulse purchases were made. When I ran out of space to store my clothes my solution was "I need a bigger closet!". 

My seasonal clothes went into storage to save space, but by the time the next year rolled around I had completely forgotten about them. So off to the mall I went, buying more clothes. Well recently I moved and I came to the realization that I had accumulated too much stuff! 

I started getting rid of all my excess belongings and along the way discovered the concept of minimal living. See this post for more detail. :)

However, I want to be a minimalist in my own way and on my own terms. Just like working out and eating clean, living a minimal lifestyle has to be approached in a way that will be sustainable for you. Also have I mentioned how much more relaxing my apartment is without all that stuff taking up physical and mental space??


Simple Chic is more than just about fashion. The name encompasses my goal to live a minimal/clutter free lifestyle, while staying true to my love of style and decor.

Interested in finding out more about this "strange" concept? These are articles are a great place to start:

http://www.theminimalists.com/radical/
http://bemorewithless.com/begin/
http://www.becomingminimalist.com/minimalism-benefits/

Would love to hear your thoughts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment