1.20.2014

Happy MLK Day!

I love having days off especially when I am not pressured to make any plans. This weekend has been quite eventful. Spent Friday night at Q Bar on Capitol Hill for a friend's birthday, recovered all day Saturday by consuming way too much food, only to do it all over again Sunday for the football game! ...Which is why I decided to take it slow today by staying in bed hours after being awake, having a long shower, getting lunch with my sister (who just got back from a trip to Virginia), and taking my mom shopping downtown.
Ann Taylor was having a 50% off sale and I picked up a couple of staple pieces.
I bought this make-up case from Victoria's Secret last week and had to share it because it is the prettiest color! Makes me happy every time I see it. Sometimes the smallest things can make my day. I'm just weird like that I guess.


I have never been good at keeping a diary, but I wish I was! There are so many small moments, especially in my travels, that I would love to have written down. I started writing in this 5 Year Journal at the beginning of the year and have been doing a decent job at keeping up with it. Answering the different questions everyday is really fun!



4 comments:

  1. Ooh that's kind of a cool journal! I like that it has question prompts. That would be helpful for me, too. :) What did you pick up at Ann Taylor?

    Jen
    www.lifeunrefined.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jen! Yes it is definitely helpful! I love how some of the questions are fun and some really make you think. I just bought a basic v-neck long sleeve for layering and a chunky white infinity scarf (pictured above) :)

      Delete
  2. Cute journal! Where is it from? :)

    Daisy
    www.nightsndaze.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Ordered it off Amazon! I bet it would be a fun way for you to keep track of your time in Beijing. :) I'm hoping to travel again soon!

      Delete