8.05.2013

Current Favorites

I have been using Aveda's line of shampoo and conditioner for years. Currently I am using a pretty basic one that is gentle on treated hair. I have a bit of premature greying that I have to cover up every few months. Before this, I was using their Pure Abundance shampoo to try and give my hair a little more volume. It worked fairly well, however I felt like it was drying out my hair. The woman at the store recommended I try a styling product instead so I took her advice and bought the Pure Abundance Style Prep and Phomollient Styling Foam. I've been using it for a couple months now and love it! 
I can use it right after the shower in the morning or at night to add some volume to my hair before I go out.

The style prep can be spritzed on wet or dry hair to add texture and thickness, while the styling foam can be applied to your roots for volume. The styling foam works better on wet hair so I use a separate spritz bottle to dampen my roots if I'm working with already dry hair. I get the best results with this routine:

1. apply the style prep all over (wet or dry hair)
2. apply the styling foam to your roots (damp hair)
3. blowing dry you hair upside down
4. Finish off with the cool setting on your dryer  


When I first started doing hot yoga, my skin broke out from the sweat. That is when I began searching for a better exfoliator. Having a good exfoliator is an important part of your daily routine. You are constantly shedding and reproducing skin cells and exfoliating helps prevent build ups. Many drug store exfoliators I've used in the past were harsh and dried out my skin. I discovered Dermalogica through talking to an aesthetician at the salon I go to. I use the Daily Microfoliant, which is a cleanser and exfoliator that comes in a powder form. Unlike the traditional exfoliators that use beads, it is a chemical exfoliator. It's a little more expensive than other cleansers I've used, but the bottle lasts forever and its well worth the money.

As for makeup, I'm not a huge foundation person. For special occasions I use bare minerals because it feels lighter on my skin. However, I do love using their bronzer daily! 

No comments:

Post a Comment