8.13.2013

Bumble Bee

Happy Tuesday! The weather in Seattle has been shockingly nice this summer. I think we've only received one or two days of rain so far after having over a month of sun. That is pretty amazing for us Seattlelites who suffer in perma grey for most of the year. Crop tops and neons have been making a comeback this year. It's a great way to accentuate your waist and add a little edge to your outfits. I'm not a huge fan of the neon, but this yellow/green color has really grown on me.

I know it's a bit late in the summer for this, but I finally got highlights in my hair again after not dyeing it for years. Like a lot of asian girls, I was really nervous that it would turn into the dreaded orange color. I ended up going with a dark blonde color vs. brown to keep the tint on the cooler side and I really like it so far! Once my roots start growing out, I can transition it into a darker balayage look for the winter.   
Top - American Apparel | Skirt - H&M | Sandals - Bakers
It's About the Little Details:
The wallet was a birthday gift from my big sis who is away for med school. I couldn't believe she had taken the time to send me something in the midst of all her studies! The sunglasses were purchased for 650 baht (about $21) at Platinum Fashion Mall in Bangkok when I was living abroad last summer. It is Bangkok's largest wholesale mall, with over two thousand small shops and booths jam packed into seven floors. The mall itself would probably take an entire day to go through, but I couldn't spend more than a few hours at a time there without getting exhausted and dizzy from maneuvering around all the people. The sunglasses were quite inexpensive, but I love the shape & fit and they double as the perfect souvenir! My watch was the first purchase I made on Poshmark. If you're not familiar with it, it is an app on the iPhone for women's fashion. You can sell your old clothing (or those regretted impulse buys) and shop other people's closets. This Fossil watch was a steal at $45 and is the perfect size for my small wrists. 
Wallet - Juicy Couture | Sunglasses - Thailand | Bracelet - Forever 21 | Watch - Poshmark (Fossil Brand)


No comments:

Post a Comment