8.02.2013

A peek at my abode!

My apartment is still in progress even though I have been here for about 9 months now! The hardest part has been decorating the walls. I am still in search of a piece (or pieces) to fill a large wall behind my TV... so if you have any ideas, I would love to hear them!

This is the current state of my dresser -- one of the only areas of my room I am completely satisfied with. I have been trying my best to keep it cluster free! In many cases, less is more. I learned this lesson growing up in a home with parents that hoarded EVERYTHING. 

Tip: Display your favorite pieces and shove all the other stuff into a cute jewelry box - as seen here ;)



We all need a bit of inspiration sometimes, which is why I have this piece right next to my bed. Every single line in this quote is just perfect. 


Ever since I moved into my own place, I have developed a renewed love for fresh flowers! They are a wonderful way to add some life and color in to your home. Every time I make a grocery run to the local Trader Joe's, I can't help treating myself to a pretty bouquet as well. It can get spendy if you are doing it on a weekly basis, which is why I have synthetic alternatives to fill in the space when I am in-between fresh flower purchases. 

These are some yellow lilies that I purchased from Trader Joe's. Lilies are some of my favorite flowers. They don't last very long (about a week), but they certainly smell amazing! The vase is pretty plain, so I threw on a pink ribbon I had laying around to make it more interesting. :)

Tip: Marshalls and Ross are great places to shop when you are decorating on a budget!   

                   

                   

Thanks for reading! 
xxx

Mary


No comments:

Post a Comment