8.06.2013

Green Monster Smoothie

This is my FAVORITE smoothie and a great way to get in a serving of veggies for breakfast! It's easy to make and I promise you won't even be able to taste the spinach. I wish my mom would have thought of this when I was a child :)

It requires very few ingredients. I usually like to make two and save the other one in a mason jar for the next morning. There are many different variations you can make, but I will list the basic ingredients below.

Basic Ingredients:
1 frozen banana 
2 cups of baby spinach 
1 tbsp of peanut butter
3/4 cup of almond milk
1/2 cup vanilla greek yogurt

In this particular smoothie, I added a handful of strawberries for a more fruity taste. You can add whichever berry combo you have on hand. I like to use the almond milk from Trader Joe's and Better'n Peanut Butter to cut calories. Adding a scoop of protein powder to this smoothie also makes for a great post-workout snack! 



No comments:

Post a Comment