8.27.2015

SUMMER FAVORITES

Summer 2015 is going by way too fast! It has been a busy & fun one filled with weddings, birthdays, hiking and wine drinking. In Seattle we only get sun 3 months out of the year so when it's here I often feel like I have to fill my days with outdoor activities and social gatherings. Not to mention, air con is rare so most of the time I'm looking for an excuse to get out of my sweltering apartment.

Even though summer is coming to an end, I thought I'd share a few things that could not have survived without this season.

THE DAY DESIGNER

The first is this amazing planner from my sister (best birthday gift ever!) called the Day Designer. It was love at fist sight. Seriously, the packaging was even gorgeous.

In college I was a HUGE planner nerd but for some reason it did not make it into my daily post-graduate life. I guess I had always equated planners with being in school so I missed out on what could have been a couple of highly organized years.

If you love to-do lists and mapping out your day, this planner is perfect. It has saved me from going insane this month with all of the meetings and events on my calendar, as well as planning my trip to Europe next month. Before this I was living off of the tiny calendar on my iPhone, which did not give me a big picture of everything I had going on. And it's true what they say, writing down your goals does help you envision and achieve them.

Whitney English Day Designer Review


LUSH COSMETICS

I don't know how I hadn't discovered this magical place until now. I've been in before and have tried their bath bombs, which are great but they definitely have MUCH more to offer. With the heat and humidity in the summertime, I try to go light on the make-up so my skin can breath. After trying the lush facial masks I will never use another. They are super affordable and ALL NATURAL. Amazing right??

My favorites are the BB Seaweed and Don't Look At Me masks. Both are super moisturizing and leaves your skin glowing. No foundation needed afterwards. I also love their Ocean Salt and Body Scrub. They are not kidding about the "scrub" part - my skin always feels so smooth after using it!


WEDGES

I'm not a big fan of heels but I am obsessed with wedges. They give me the added height I need without murdering my feet. I can wear them to weddings, work and vaca no problem. The chunky heel is also very slimming for your legs don't you agree?

I was looking for the perfect pair of nude summer wedges when I came across these Michael Kors ones. They are PERFECTION. However, everywhere I looked they were sold out of my size. Then one day after I had decided to give up on my search a pair magically appeared at Macy's! It was meant to be. And she lived happily ever after... 

P.S. I am eyeing these for the fall!

Michael Kors Damita Wedge

LEMONS

They are actually one of my favorite fruits all year round because of it's versatility. I can use it for cooking, infusing my water, even baths! Yes, baths. I like to slice a few lemons and add them to my bath. It is a great for exfoliating and smells wonderful. They are also a great way to detox your body and help with breakouts. Don't believe me? Try it!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment