8.30.2015

WHAT TO WEAR TO WEDDINGS

Hi Babes! It is a Sunday night and I just got back from a lovely wedding on Lummi Island this weekend. This summer has been full of beautiful weddings but this one was particularly unique because we were hit with a storm on the day of. There were power outages all over Washington, including where I was staying. The wedding had to be moved indoors just a few hours prior to the ceremony - talk about stressful!! But the bride and groom handled it with grace and it turned out to be an absolutely wonderful night. As the father of the groom put it, in marriage there will be sun and storms. How you both handle the adversities you'll face together is what makes a marriage.  


I never know what to wear to weddings since my everyday wardrobe consists of neutrals and blacks/whites. There are also so many rules! Obviously don't wear white... but apparently red can be frowned upon as well.. Totally depends on the weddings and venue. 

Since many summer weddings are held outdoors, I've been sticking to bright colored coral dresses. These wedges have also totally saved my feet - I was dancing in them for hours last night!


This cute shift dress is from Nordstrom. I love it because it can double as a work dress (which is how I am wearing it here). For the wedding all I did was throw on a light trench coat and changed up the purse.



Photos by the gorgeous Kim Nguyen of Hello Kim Win. She has been doing a black and white outfit series lately and they are ON POINT so if you love neutrals as much as I do, go check out her blog!

Dress - Nordstrom
Necklace - Nordstrom Rack
Wedges - Macy's
Bag - Madewell

No comments:

Post a Comment