10.06.2013

October Details

Fall is here! I am actually pretty excited for cold weather again. No more sleeping with our fan on and windows open (with the occasional car alarm going off) at night. I've even missed the rain a little; although I'll probably regret saying that in a few weeks. 

The living room is coming together really nicely. We are spending a lot more time out there now that we have the new flat screen. When we first moved in I had very little care for a big TV. We had my parents old 24 inch flatscreen and that was enough for me.  

With that being said.. I must admit I am a huge fan of the TV now. My boyfriend had mainly wanted it for video-gaming purposes, but for me it is more like a very expensive ornament. Besides being aesthetically pleasing, it is pretty fun to watch movies on. My new project now is coming up with design ideas for our entertainment center. 

I finally bought my first coffee table book from Barnes and Nobles last week! I took the book cover off of it because the bright pink with gold lettering underneath looks a lot prettier. Candles are my new obsession this season. I like to buy ones that come in a pretty jar so I can reuse them for something else later. 
Tray - Amazon.com | Candle Holder - Target | Coasters - Ikea | Kate Spade Coffee Table Book - Barnes & Noble

In love with the gold edges of this book!
Kate Spade everything :)
The little ceramic figures hugging are salt and pepper shakers I bought while living in Thailand two summers ago. My boyfriend and I saw these little guys at our favorite restaurant in Vietnam. The restaurant, Green Mango, was nestled away in Old Hanoi. I had read some good reviews about the place online, so we walked around for a while searching for it during our first night there. We were on the verge of giving up when we finally stumbled upon the restaurant. The outside was fairly old, but the interior design was quite beautiful and modern. The salt and pepper shakers were the first things that caught my eye when we sat down at our table. I came across them again at a little street shop in Bangkok and had to have them. 




No comments:

Post a Comment