10.11.2013

Simple Pad Thai Noodles with Peanut Sauce

It is really hard to leave work at the office sometimes. During the first few weeks at my job I would literally have nightmares about work. Luckily that doesn't happen anymore. Okay.. it still happens once in a while. It is really important to find a good work-life balance; unless you're one of the few lucky people who's job is also your passion. For the rest of us, our jobs are there to fuel our passions outside of work. 

I find that keeping busy with things that you enjoy after work is the best way to take your mind off of it. Cooking is one of the things that help me relax. However, preparing something that takes too long can be exhausting. During the week I try to keep my meals quick and simple. 

Below is a dish that took me less than an hour to make last night. I used Pad Thai noodles with a peanut and lime sauce. You can add your choice of meat!
Ingredients:
Pad Thai Noodles
3 Tbsp peanut butter
6 Tbsp lime juice
3 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 cup of cooked chicken, chopped
Fresh mint leaves, chopped
Peanuts, crushed (as garnish)

Instructions: Cook Pad Thai noodles according to package directions. Mix peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, olive oil and mint leaves. Throw noodles, sauce and chicken together in a large dish. Garnish with peanuts and mint leaves and enjoy! 

By the way, I am obsessed with mason jars. I wish they sold them separately instead of only in bulk. It would be fun to have them in different sizes! They are extremely versatile and inexpensive. I use them as glasses at home or to pack smoothies in for work and picnics.   
   
Fourth of July 2013
   

No comments:

Post a Comment